Saturday, May 9, 2009

Letter 60- January 12, 1944


January 12, 1944
(Camp Abbot, Oregon)

Dear Folks,
I planned to write you a long letter and tell you how thrilled I am over the swell bracelet you’re sending me, but as usual I got involved in a bull session and now it’s past “lights out” and I’m writing just a note from the latrine. I sure am excited, however, about it. I bet it will really be beautiful. I think the way you’re having it engraved is much nicer than my idea.

I’ve got the $45 in the company safe and have been intending to send it home for a week now, but I’ve never been able to get to the post office. The damn place is hardly ever open.

Well, tomorrow I’ve got K.P. again so I won’t be able to write, probably seeing as I’ll be at work from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. (GROAN) Let’s not think anymore about that gruesome thing.

There’s a lot of things I should tell you now and a number of questions that I should answer but I’ll be damned if I can think of what they are.


Good night and best love,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg