Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Letter 237- September 17, 1945


September 17, 1945
(Derdingen, Ger.)

Dear Mudder and Dad,

At long last I’m beginning to receive my mail in some kind of decent order. I’ve got letters up to Sept. 7 so there’s no complaint there. Evidently you are not getting my letters, however. I don’t know what’s up right now but I hope things straighten out.

I’m still waiting to get transferred out of the division but I’ve received no alert so it’s a great wonder. If the news continues to sound like it has for the last few days it won’t make any difference anyway. In 2 weeks I’ll have 2 years in the army and I’ve certainly seen combat enough soooo…I hope--.

I guess I’ve received all packages due from you now and speaking of packages, I sent one off today. It contains the rest of my electric train including the engine, the long lost Paris photographs (sent to wrong address), the balance of the coins, more Nazi crap, a cigarette case with Regimental and Divisional insignia and that’s about all.

This isn’t much of a letter but it’s late and I promise to write again tomorrow and answer those questions.

I guess it’s safe to send Christmas packages. I don’t know but I imagine I’ll still be around.


Best Love,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg