Friday, June 26, 2009

Letter 78- March 3, 1944




March 3, 1944
(Camp Abbot, Oregon)



Dear Mudder and Dad,

Anudder day of K.P. has came and went and am I glad it’s over. I finally got the pictures I told you about and although I’m not in all of them I think you’ll enjoy seeing them. I think they show and tell you more about the “rugged” than all the letters I could write. The only thing they don’t show is the beard I tried to grow. It was bright red and extremely thick (huh!). After 2 weeks I couldn’t “shtood” it any longer and shaved.
I hope you’ll forgive me for not writing more but it’s very late and I’m awfully tired.

Best Love,
Bill

P.S. There’s a latrineogram going around that we ship out on the 7th. I hope so.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg