Friday, October 16, 2009

Letter 139


October 22, 1944
(England)

Dear Mudder and Dad,

I promised you I’d write a nice long letter tonight, but sure don’t feel like it now. I’ve been washing all day long and now I feel like a limp wet rag. Washing heavy stuff like fatigues in a pail is no soft job. I plan to go to the movies tonight not that there’s anything worth seeing but I gotta do sumpin’ to keep from going nuts. It hasn’t been much of a day; rainy, dark, gloomy. It’s not unusual but still I never feel like doing anything. To be truthful I ain’t never gonna like this country. I really feel sorry for the British. They’re stuck with it.

I’ve been trying to get some Christmas cards for about a week now but the P.X. seems to be out. I’ll probably be able to get some by tomorrow. Better close now. Not much of a letter but I’m in “sortofa” funk.

Best Love,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg