Saturday, October 24, 2009

Letter 143-October 26, 1944


October 26,
1944
(England)

Dear Mudder and Dad,

Haven’t received any mail from you for several days. I’ll probably get a whole lot of it at once again. I don’t like it but that’s the way it goes. This won’t be the long letter I promised last night but it’s this way. Fred Roberts is here and wants me to go over to the cinema with him. Also I want to see an exhibition of captured enemy equipment that they have on the post. I especially want to see the German 88 mm gun, which we consider Germany’s most deadly weapon.

The rain hasn’t been so bad of late. There’s a “hellova” lot of fog but that’s better’n rain. It’s still no good, however.

Well, Fred is here and he’s a pesting me to hurry so I’ll have to quit. This is no letter but you said to write even if only a word or two.

Best Love,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg