Friday, March 6, 2009

Letter 28- November 16, 1943




November 16, 1943
(Camp Abbot, Oregon


Dear Mother and Dad,

You’re going to or already have received some pretty messed up mail from me for a few days. It seems that I printed the “free” on my letters so the damned post office returned them saying that the “free” had to be on my own handwriting. How petty! If they’d spend the time getting the mail through instead of this kind of horsing around, we might get somewhere.

I just got off K.P. about 10 minutes ago. It is 9:45 P.M. and I have been on my feet since 5:00 A.M. For this reason this letter will be very short. Also “lights out” in about 5 minutes.

Well good night. I wrote this because I believe you want to hear from me even when I can’t write much.


Bestus Love,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg