Saturday, February 14, 2009

Letter 17- November 2, 1943


November 2, 1943
(Camp Abbot, Oregon)

Dear Folks,

I’ve only time for a short note tonight. It seems my worst fears are realized. I’ve been set back. Now I’m in the 54th., 2 whole weeks behind my old outfit---Hell! Don’t worry about the mail. I’ve made arrangements so I’ll be sure to keep getting my mail. My new address is as follows:

Pvt. William W. Taylor, Jr.
A.S.N. 19203811
Co. “C” 54 bn.

(5th. barracks)
Camp Abbot, Oregon

I’m back in quarantine HELL!

I hope you will write a lot during the next couple of weeks. I’ll be feeling pretty low and won’t have a damn thing to do. Gosh, I feel as if I’d flunked a grade in school.

All the love in the world,

Bill

P.S. This was the only paper and envelope available

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg