Thursday, February 26, 2009

Letter 22- November 8, 1943


November 8, 1943
(Camp Abbot, Oregon)

Dear Folks,

I received both packages last night. Gee! It was just like Christmas. Everything was wonderful. The cookies went over big with everyone-especially me to whom the great majority of them went. They should last me a week or so yet in that can. The scarf is swell too. Everybody’s as jealous as hell. And the sweater too. It’s great. The hard candies were a swell idea too. I can put a couple in my pocket everyday to take out into the field. Thanks for everything.

I’ve been running my fanny off here today as usual, and I can’t write as much as I want. Guess I’ll have to quit here. Will write a real letter later.

Love,



Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg