Sunday, February 15, 2009

Letter 18 -November 3, 1943




November 3, 1943
(Camp Abbot, Oregon)

Dear Folks,

Sorry but I’ve only time for a short note again tonight. I was pretty sore yesterday, but today I had some pleasant surprises. I knew more than most the other trainees in the 53rd. but in the 54th. I’m a veritable “genius among jerks”. Honest to God if I don’t think I know more than the bloomin” platoon commander. Another thing is the food. There’s more of it and it’s better.

The only thing that’s getting (me) down is the fact I’m in quarantine and have to do so much over again. Otherwise everything is O.K. The barracks I’m in now is bigger and nicer in every way.

Sorry I’ve got to close. Lights out, you know.

All the Love in the World

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you receive an error message when posting a comment or preview please hit "Post Comment" or "Preview" a second time and it should go through.--Greg